From tonight we begin the update of the entire park of modem pro.
The procedure for the update:
- We ask the modem to download the firmware
- Once downloaded, the modem loads the firmware
- Modem reboots
- Modem tests the internet connection.
-> If it connects,it's done.
-> If it doesn't connect,it goes back on the old firmware and then reboot.
Our server receives a notification on non updated.
The advantages of the new firmware:
- OVH settings remain in the case of factory reset
- Default connection in IPoE.
- Wifi crypt
- OVH config server
- The snchro numbers in ADSL2 in some settings are stated.
- Protects the configuration for VoIP telephony board
Down time for the update is just a few minutes, the time needed to re-sync + reboot.
Date: 2011-12-15 13:37:28 UTC 2/3 of the modems were done tonight.
We are going to see how the updates will be updated after that.
Date: 2011-12-09 06:55:28 UTC The first modems are being upgraded.